[WikiEN-l] Re: Possible copyright violation of Wikipedia content by Infoslurp.com

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Wed Feb 9 22:03:21 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 20:59, Anthere wrote:
> This is a clear violation of copyright.

IANAL. I am not trained in law. This is not legal advice and the info I give
may be incorrect.

It is mostly a trade mark violation, with only minor copyright problems.

They don't need to mention Wikipedia anywhere. They just need to mention five
authors, except if the authors don't require that (which is the case of most
Wikipedia authors, i.e. anonymous users).

However, I looked at their site and I think that somebody could confuse it for
the real Wikipedia. This may create trade mark confusion, especially if they
have a high Google pagerank.

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org/slashdotting2005feb4