[WikiEN-l] Re: Possible copyright violation of Wikipedia content by Infoslurp.com

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 18:59:48 UTC 2005

They make people believe they are wikipedia based on what is written on
their main page. In itself, it is definitly not correct.

Second, they mention no where (except weird circumvoluted comments on
their disclaimer pages, which no one would understand but us) that the
content is from Wikipedia. In particular, nothing is on articles. No
reference to name, or link to history of the page.
This is a clear violation of copyright.

On top of it, if they suck Wikipedia real time, this is real bad press
for them.

Incidently, all their links to other languages and other projects are
broken.

I recommand some one take his best pen and write them a gentle letter
pointing out to all the relevant places. If there is a page somewhere
listing mirrors under violation of our copyright, consider adding it to it.

Anthere

PS : Reading their disclaimer, I wonder if it might not be a joke...