[WikiEN-l] Wikimedia 1.2 upgrade to 1.3.10

Philippe Roth ph.roth at epfl.ch
Wed Feb 9 08:13:35 UTC 2005

Dear all,

We have actually a mediawiki installed and used. Its version is 1.2.2
This has been installed under Linux RH Fedora.

We would like to make an upgrade to version 1.3.10 on a new machine
under Linux or Windows.
This is what we did:
- Install a fresh system (linux and Windows (on different machine))
- Install what needed for mediaWiki (Apache/Php/MySQL under Linux;
EasyPHP under Windows).
- Downloaded tar files of mediawiki1.3.10.
- Copy folder mediawiki 1.3.10 to defined place(/var/www/wiki under
Linux; C:\Easyphp\www\wiki under Windows).
- Setup of the mediawiki (name and MySQL base with the Browser).
- Access the new mediawiki. This works fine.

Now, we want to restore our old datas.
- We made a mysqldump of the old data on the old machine.
- We tryied to restore them on the new mediawiki installations (linux
and Windows).
- The tables under MySQL are differents from 1.2.2 to 1.3 and we receive
error messages, like "SELECT
user_name,user_password,user_newpassword,user_email,user_real_name,user_
options,user_rights,user_touched FROM user WHERE user_id=12
function "User::loadFromDatabase". MySQL error "1054: field
'user_real_name' unknown in field list"...
When we want to login with the new mediawiki...

- We tryied several options to make the upgrade, like importing old data
before installing the new wikimedia, but we have errors when the
database is set...
- We tryied to use some php scripts given within the wiki/maintenance
folder. No success and error messages...
- We looked everywhere how to make the upgrade and found no solution...

Please!!! Could anyone give us some light how to make this upgrade??
HELP!!!

Many thanks in advance for any information.

Have a nice day,
Philippe Roth - Switzerland