[WikiEN-l] Neo-nazis to attack wikipedia

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 7 17:46:11 UTC 2005

Chad Perrin wrote

>   Tell me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right, in principle, to favour approaches where points of
view out of the mainstream are documented in some way, rather than excluded
by some sort of decree.

That being said, WP will always want them documented in a certain
low-rhetoric, crisp way with supporting cites.  This is unlikely to satisfy
anybody but the most level-headed, reasonable holders of said points of
view.

Acrid contention is to be expected, unless and until one gets 'insidious
POV-pushing': people prepared to operate on a time scale of years within the
norms and with the general grain of the way WP works.  We have ways of
ring-fencing some of the contentious issues (not all); we don't currently
have much idea about regulating the latter.

Charle