[WikiEN-l] Re: Template madness

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 07:22:58 UTC 2005

Gee, another personal attack on other people's actions and motives.  Have you interviewed anybody who puts tags on articles to ask their motives?  I don't give a flying f*ck about my edit count, I have no clue what it is.  I put tags on articles A LOT, because they need to be fixed.  Not necessarily need to be looked up and more information added, but need to be wikified and the grammar fixed.  And after you've done about 20 of those in a row, it gets old and you want to move on to other things.

But such an idea is beneath those like you who feel that the only valued Users in wikipedia are those who write a hundred stubs with one sentence to them in poor grammar, rather than those of us who go around cleaning up after them.

Why do I even subscribe to this list?  It's turned into nothing but people writing about how they are so much better than everybody else.

RickK

Pete/Pcb21 <pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com> wrote:
Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Rick said:
>
>>I see nothing wrong with any of those templates. It's on VfD because
>>someone thought it wasn't worth keeping as an article, but if it's
>>decided to keep, it still needs to be cleaned up and the POV cut down.
>>What's wrong with that? The VfD template says "you are welcome to
>>continue editing this article and improve it".
>

> If the templates belong there, and it survives VfD, some or all of them
> will reappear on the article and it will get the attention it needs.

I really wish someone had some proof to back up the tagists mantra that
"if I tag this article, it will improve". People improve articles
because they are knowledgeable about and want to write about a subject,
not because it has a whole stack of tags from editors who want to rack
up their edit rack but would preferable not to do any research (even of
the type-article-name-into-google variety.