[WikiEN-l] Cheese Dreams/proposal for a *new* policy

Tony Sidaway tony at minority-report.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 00:16:09 UTC 2005

geni said:
>> BT? As in British Telecom? That's terrific! More customers means more
>> complaints and more bad publicity.
>

> It means you are likely to affect admins who can and will unblock
> themselves. Would you be happy if your ISP was blocked for a couple of
> weeks (even suposing the ISP choses to take actionm which it quite well
> may not)? The number of complaints would be pretty low anyway we may
> get a lot of readers but editors are far smaller in number. We would be
> the ones on the reciving end of bad PR for hopelessly over reacting.

the admins would not be able to unblock themselves from a website-wide
block (just a line in an http config file).  I don't know whether we
should go head-to-head with ISP's yet, but we could.  We should certainly
consider some kind of working relationship with AOL, if we don't already
have one, if only because of their unusual caching arrangements.