[WikiEN-l] Cheese Dreams/proposal for a *new* policy

WikiUser WikiUser at emails.net
Sat Feb 5 20:48:57 UTC 2005

I haven't seen CheeseDreams' proposal so perhaps it's the same as this one; but why not just have say 3 to 5 links at the bottom of every article marked "alternative article"? Then users of the wikipedia could use the version of the article they find they prefer. The editors of that version will also be much more likely to agree on editing its content. This wouldn't be difficult software-wise.

As almost all disagreements on the wikipedia are about/caused by disagreements on an article version this would solve a lot of problems. People who impose a final version of an article, hold it captive to their group view, forget that there might be plenty of readers out there who don't agree with their view of what should be the "consensus" article version.

This also takes into account that there are millions of people using te web who might have the bad luck to find the wikipedia and edit it, and this proposal would help to deal with the dfferent backgrounds and views of these people.-WikiUser.