[WikiEN-l] me and my three reverts

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 20:39:03 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> No argument from me there. But that opinion on how the 3RR should work is
> apparently a minority one. I base this on asking several other ArbCom members
> and making an inquiry on the 3RR talk page. The rule states 'no more than 3
> reverts on any page in 24 hours.' Most people take that very literally (for
> better or worse). I interpret 'reverts' to be the same or substantially the
> same revert. Oh well.

The reason I interpret this literally as *per page* is the problem of
someone camping out on an article, protecting it from all changes from
"their" version.

I've seen this - User:A fixes one area, User:B reverts; User:C makes a
different change, User:B reverts; User:D makes a third change, User:B
reverts....

The three revert rule is certainly not perfect, and has in some ways
merely shifted and complicated the problem - but on the whole I think it
is the right rule - and should apply to pages and not versions.

--sannse