[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Michael Turley michael.turley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:21:57 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Um, no, that's not the point, because that's not why Amalekite was banned.
>
> Jay.

I went back through the logs to try to discover why Amalekite was
banned, and I cannot find a reason <i>on Wikipedia</i> other than
statements that boil down to "I disagree with his POV" or "I don't
like his edits".  I haven't found anything to indicate that this
users' edits were in bad faith, even though I would revert or rephrase
every one that I've seen.

I've looked a little (but only a little) at the external Stormfront
site, and only saw roughly the equivalent of a "watchlist" of people
whose POVs are opposite this person's.

I suspect I'm not looking in the right places.

You seem to know better than most people in this discussion exactly
why Amalekite was banned.  Can you explain it fully for those of us
who don't know, or cannot find the reason?

Finally, on somewhat offtopic and mildly humorous note, I find this
block a lot more than just a little ironic: "13:55, 21 August 2005,
"Neutrality" blocked "POV destroyer" (infinite) (Inappropriate
username.)"

--
Michael Turley
User:Unfocused