[WikiEN-l] Nazis and Banning -- NPOV and respect.

Guettarda guettarda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:53:42 UTC 2005

My gut says "ban all Nazis" - as the grandson of a Nazi, as someone
whose relatives died fighting for a cause they believed in, I find it
especially abhorrent.  Jack is right, we can't ban people for their
beliefs.  At the same time, Linder's posts about Jay and other
Wikipedia editors are pretty close to threats, and I think that
off-project threats based on Wikipedia activities should be taken just
as seriously as on-project threats.  IMO, if you see Linder's comments
as menacing or as threatening, then he should be banned - but not for
his "white nationalist" views, but for implied threats.

Ian (Guettarda)