[WikiEN-l] Pseudodoxia (neo-Nazi Wikipedia)

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Aug 24 00:59:41 UTC 2005

Theresa Knott wrote:

>On 8/24/05, Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Wow, is it that easy to set up a wiki? How much do you think they
>>spent, in time and resources? There seem to not have been ANY edits
>>however...
>>

>I've logged in - and replaced my user page with a note saying i didn't
>want to be associated with the site. i then did the same on all my
>archives - a good argument for not archiving talk pages. So now I'm
>the most prolific editor of the nazi wikipedia. Woohoo!

You know, this could be an awful lot of fun - all those things you wanted
to experiment with, but didn't want to risk your good name trying out
on WP. Anybody up for some bot trickery? You could add a "Sieg Heil!" at
the end of every paragraph, or use html to do that white-on-white text
that somebody mentioned.

Or if you just wanted to get your primal scream on, start trolling
and sockpuppeting and revert-warring...

On a more serious note, it would be an interesting hacker project to
maintain an ongoing diff-listing showing how they're diverging whatever
versions of the pages they're importing. Sort of a topic-by-topic
summary of how the neo-Nazi ideology differs from the real world.

Stan