[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:04:16 UTC 2005

I don't recall if the GFDL allows this or not, but there is a clause
in the CC licenses which allow original license holders to request
that they are specifically NOT given credit on usage of materials, for
just this type of circumstance. That is, if I wrote a book and
released it under a CC license, and a neo-Nazi group want to
redistribute parts of it as an introduction to their own CC work, I
could specifically request that my name be left off of all materials.
But I don't think the GFDL supports this, or does it?

Anyway, it was inevitable that wiki technology would be used for ill,
just like all technologies. I think the benefits in this case still
win out.

FF