[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Daniel P. B. Smith dpbsmith at verizon.net
Sat Aug 20 10:58:14 UTC 2005

I suspect this will turn out to be much ado about nothing.

They will create a Wiki, they will write about two hundred articles
and dump in the full text of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion,
Google will find them in the top twenty if you search for "Nazi
encyclopedia"--just below "Soup Nazi - encyclopedia article"--and
Google will bring them up as the 1268th-ranked if you just search for
"encyclopedia."

The eighty-three members with accounts will _immediately_ get into
time-wasting edit wars with each other. You know how it is: nobody is
as contentious as adherents of two _slightly_ different sects. I
don't know what the neo-Nazi equivalent of the filioque clause would
be, but you may be sure they will conduct religious wars about it.
(If they don't, start one: just innocently ask them whether, on their
Wiki, "billion" means a thousand millions or a million millions).

In four months they be tired of putting in actual work on it and it
will become a ghost site.

"I can call Wikis from the vasty Internet."
"And so can I, and so can any man...."

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/