[WikiEN-l] Why VFD is vexatious, pernicious and a collossal pain in the neck

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Aug 4 16:19:34 UTC 2005

Poor, Edmund W (Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com) [050805 01:01]:

> We also insist on displaying "works in progress", which provides the
> tension. I think this is what provides the vector which spreads the
> poison which David Gerard was talking about (like mosquitoes carrying
> malaria).

I think that is a lot of the essential problem. That's one reason I'm keen
on the article rating scheme (if someone can write code Brion can live
with), as it'll greatly reduce the pressure to make the work-in-progress
presentable to the outside world as finished product.

(User:Geogre also came up with an idea that uses article rating as part of
a deletion mechanism, which is something I feared, but I think his proposal
is actually pretty good. See [[Wikipedia:Version System sketch]].)

- d.