[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 22:56:41 UTC 2005

Not to stir an ugly pot, but here is a more questionable sort of link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Frey

Apparently Scott Peterson's ex-gf posed nude at some point before
writing a hit airport book. We have a direct link to said photos
placed in the text of our content.

At first I thought about removing it -- not so much because I am
against nudity or pornography or anything, but that it seemed to lack
class to have Wikipedia be a facilitator of one particular set of
pictures about a here-today-gone-tomorrow person in the news.

On the other hand, I didn't really think that was a good reason to
delete the link. Who cares about whether it is classy? What sort of
standard is that, anyway? etc.

I thought about shifting it to the external links section, but even
then I thought that would be a little silly. I thought about adding a
warning -- "WARNING, NAKEDNESS!" -- but felt like such a prude. I
mean, it is linked (not in-line) -- isn't that what I've been
advocating for this sort of thing? If you are so daft as to not
realize that an external link entitled "Nude pictures" is going to
link to nude pictures, well, that can't be helped.

So I left it as it was. Anyway, I'm only bringing it up because it
seems like a better example of what you referenced than pages about
porn stars linking to pornography sites -- this is someone who is not
a porn star but has a link of this sort.

FF