[WikiEN-l] Bradley, his contribs list, and feeding the "problem user"

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 19:24:34 UTC 2005

Hi list,

--- John Bradley <john at ontobus.co.uk> wrote:
> I would like to request the following page be deleted
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Matt_Crypto/list. It seems to be a list of
> things I have created.

Not quite. This page is a list of the pages [[User:Irate]] (aka John Bradley)
edited (in his last 500 edits) before he was banned. I created it [1] to keep
an eye out in case he attempted to circumvent his ban (using the "related
changes" tool, of course). I have some evidence this vigilence may be
necessary; Bradley has said on this mailing list:

   "I have started the WLF and the PFLW in an attempt to reverse the
perversion of the system introduced by the ArbComm and various admins.
Who are basically so up tight because they have a very limited ability to
control Wikipedia, what with DHCP etc."

And more explicitly in private email to myself:

   "As I've said before to the arbcomm they do not have the ability to block
me,
as I currently via the company VPN have 10+ IP access points on 3 continents. I
also have access to a spell checker."

Currently, I have no intention of deleting this page, although I might consider
it if someone (other than Bradley, of course) asked me politely.

My advice to everyone is simply to ignore this user. I've had no luck engaging
him even after exchanging several emails. You're welcome to try, of course, but
I believe you'd be wasting your time in his case. He's banned for three months,
so he's not a current problem.

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]

[1] Don't worry, 5 minutes with a script -- not by hand!