[WikiEN-l] Contribution

Michael Stojakovic stoka at cogeco.ca
Thu Apr 21 05:40:24 UTC 2005

Greetings Wikipedia

          I thoroughly enjoy your "Wikipedia" site. It's a great source of information and enlightenment. Being a Canadian, of Serbian descent, it's the cultural aspects that grab my attention. Not only for those that share my ethnic background. But, other groups as well.
          I'm assuming that my e-mail will be directed to the proper channels. On your "List of Serbs" page, there are a few glaring omissions I wish to bring to your attention. I, for the most part, have supplied links which clearly indicate the person's Serbian heritage. These names should be under "List of Serbs."
           (1) Alex Lifeson (Zivojinovich) - Guitarist for the Canadian based rock band "Rush." > http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0509820/bio .
           (2) Brad Dexter (Boris Milanovich) -  Hollywood actor > http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0223290/bio .
           (3) Lolita Davidovich - Hollywood actress > http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000357/bio .
           (4) Paul Stojanovich - Hollywood producer/director for "World's Wildest Police Chases" and "Cops." > http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0831236/bio .
           (5) Rade Serbedzija -  European/Hollywood actor (Currently listed amongst "List of Croatians" as an "ethnic Serb". While he was born in Croatia. Mr. Serbedzija is indeed Serbian. Thus, he should also be under "List of Serbs."). > http://entertainment.lycos.com/celebrities/celebrity_bio.asp?id=12926&pagetemplate=purple .
           (6) Bill Vukovich - Won "Indy 500" twice. > http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Vukovich_Bill.html .
           (7) Peter Vuckovich - Baseball player who won the Cy Young Award > http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/aug02/65191.asp (Read under "Brewers rally" and "Questions umpire").
            (8) Walter Dropo - Baseball player who was named AL Rookie-of-the-Year in 1950. > http://apse.dallasnews.com/contest1999/writing/100-250.hartford8.html .
            (9) Peter Zezel - Hockey (NHL) player from Canada. > http://collections.ic.gc.ca/heirloom_series/volume7/countries/serbia10.html .
          (10) George Yerich - Respected entrepreneur from Canada > http://collections.ic.gc.ca/heirloom_series/volume7/countries/serbia7.html .
           (11) George "Blind Bomber" Glamack - Basketball player who had his #20 retired by UNC and was a two-time NCAA Player-of-the-Year.
           (12) Bob O'Billovich - Football (CFL) coach who won the "Grey Cup" while with the Toronto Argonauts.
           (13) Mila Mulroney (nee Pivnicki) - Was Canada's "First Lady." > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mila_Pivnicki or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Mulroney .
           (14) Rose Ann Vuich - First woman to be elected to the State Senate in California. > http://www.sen.ca.gov/womenscaucus/history.htp .
            (15) Gregg Popovich - Basketball coach and two-time NBA champion. > http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_spurs_030611.html (Read last "Q & A" under "David Robinson).
            (16) Mel Vojvodich - U.S.A.F. officer. > http://www.landings.com/_landings/pacflyer/dec6-2003/Dn-50-mel-vojvodich.html .
            (17) Mike Mamula - Football (NFL) player (now retired).

            One name you can easily omit from the "List of Serbs" is that of actor John Malkovich. He's of Croatian ancestry. Not Serbian. Again, I hope this e-mail will be forwarded to the proper sources within "Wikipedia." Thanks so much for your time and patience. I look forward to a reply at your convenience. Cheers.

Michael D. Stojakovic
Canada