[WikiEN-l] Abusive Blocking

noahp4485 at aol.com noahp4485 at aol.com
Thu Apr 21 05:58:42 UTC 2005

I honestly believe many admins are abusing their blocking privileges
and that the arbitration committee is not working. Here is what has
happened to me. I have written and edited NUMEROUS articles, you can
see a list on user:Please Don't Block. Most of these were edited under
the name "Noah Peters." In December and January I engaged in a heated
contest with several other users over the Abraham Lincoln page, much of
which I have written, over whether to include Lincoln's alleged
homosexuality on the page. This provoked a long editing war which
resulted in the material being deleted. After this, I started editing
the "gays in Nazi Germany" article. These edits were in good faith. But
one user, Apollomelos, a self-described homosexual, began smearing me
with all sorts of false charges, including that I vandalized the
Abraham Lincoln page (not true) and that I am a member of the Ku Klux
Klan (also not true). I grew very alarmed at these allegations and
requested my username be changed to "5440orFight," because "Noah
Peters" is my real name and I don't want to get smeared with these
charges. Well, the admins were totally insensitive to this desire and
referred to "Noah Peters" repeatedly in a derisive way, many branding
me a homophobe, and still do to this day even though the username is
dead. Indeed, many admins have hurled false charges against that
username to this day. For example, my userpage now says, "As Noah
Peters he had a habit of reverting pages or removing the texts of
others, was warned and switched to 5440orFight and got blocked by an
Admin under that name for continuing the same practice." This is
completely untrue, and yet whenever I try to change my userpage it gets
changed back by some admin, and if I persist in trying to change it I
am blocked.

  Out of frustration with Apollomelos' charges, I had a fit of bad
judgment and added the now-deleted "gay" template to various articles.
I was promptly blocked by fvw, another homosexual administrator, who no
longer works on wikipedia. Frustrated at the fact that my IP username
page included charges against me that were not true yet kept being
reverted back by various admins when I tried to delete them, I deleted
fvw's page repeatedly in retaliation for my own inability to edit my
personal page. I also made ill-tempered remarks to other admins who
reverted my repeated attempts to delete my userpages. Meanwhile, my
efforts to get my username changed have gone nowhere, and I panicked
and emailed an admin to tell him to please delete my username; I didn't
want my reputation ruined.

Then, Apollomelos decides he wants to pursue arbitration against me,
taking several of my quotes out of context and embellishing with false
charges. I was never informed arbitration was being pursued against me,
but it was. Apollomelos has done this to several other users; putting
quotes out of context and making misleading edits and over-the-top
allegations. He also does not allow edits to the gay-themed pages and
smears anyone who changes these pages as "homophobes" if they write
anything he doesn't agree with. Read his talk page. In another fit of
ill-temper, to combat his own charges against me, I created
user:Apollomelos2 and user:Apollomelos3. I can't delete Apollomelos2,
even though it was blocked as soon as I created it, it must remain,
"Abusive sockpuppet of Noah Peters."

Now, whenever I try to get a new username, it is blocked for being an
"abusive sockpuppet of Noah Peters." Whenever I try to delete the pages
of my old usernames which bear the title, "abusive Sockpuppet of Noah
Peters" (never mind that "Noah Peters" no longer exists) and which are
now blocked, they are reverted back; I have absolutely no control over
them; they must remain as monuments to Apollomelos' false charges and
my bad response to them. The admins don't understand why I have to get
a new username and instead assume I am creating a username for
vandalism. So I can't have a new username. This is really frustrating.
It is also frustrating that the "Noah Peters" username has attracted a
false reputation for bad and misleading edits when all of my edits
under that name, except for some ill-temper that was provoked, was of
strerling quality.

The latest thing is that I chose the username, Jesus H. Christ III.
Refdoc blocked this permanently on account of it being offensive;
though if I had known it would be offensive, which I did not (Jesus
Christ is a cultural figure too, I didn't know that anyone on wikipedia
would care), I wouldn't have damned well picked it in the first place.
No one will ever be able to edit under it again unless Refdoc wills it
to be so. I can't delete the userpage either; it must be reverted back.
I can't delete the false charges against me from any userpage; they
must remain because the admins said so.

I then picked a new username and complained about my treatment on
Refdoc's talk page. His response was to ban my new username for, of
couse, "obvious reasons."

I have never been able to communicate with anyone on wikipedia; no
human interface to explain what has happened, to explain that I have
added a lot to wikipedia and want to be forgiven. The first instinct is
always to ban me; always to revert without asking me; always to assume
my bad motives; never to communicate.

I want all references to "Noah Peters" deleted. The username is banned
permanently and I want admins to stop damn well referencing it. I want
to be anonymous with an anonymous username not smeared as a sockpuppet
so I can edit without fear to my reputation. And this process has been
hellish for me. This is a community of mistrust and anger, of abusive
edit wars, of sarcasm, of contempt; not of support.

NP