[WikiEN-l] Opus Dei - have we become their publishing house?

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 03:07:30 UTC 2005

--- Alex Regh <Alex.Here at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Today I wanted to read [[Opus Dei]] - and frankly, I didn't exactly like what
> I saw...
<snip>
> Given that people still hit us with that one "checking" of WP where we didn't
> call the disputed birth date of somebody I never heard of "disputed" [1],
> well, if those people find that article, we will never hear the end of it -
> besides the minor problem of the article not exactly being up to WP
> standards,
> like NPOV.

I wouldn't lose sleep over critics "having a field day" on any particular weak
article. Sad to say, if people really want to find problematic material in
Wikipedia, then they won't have to look very hard, regardless of the quality of
any individual article like [[Opus Dei]]. Wikipedia is, effectively,
permanently "under construction" -- although the increasingly large set of core
articles is becoming pretty solid, it's always going to be easy to find an
embarrasingly-naff entry somewhere.

> Something should be done, but as I said, I don't really feel I
> should do a rollback on my own.

Have you raised your concerns on the Talk page?

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]