[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Kevin Rector krector at Compco.com
Tue Apr 19 20:30:16 UTC 2005

So you are calling me a liar. Ok, just wanted to make sure. I find that
interesting considering you have no proof that my statement was made in
bad faith or was a lie (for the record, it wasn't a lie I actually meant
what I said). You're not exhibiting very good behavior for a Wikipedia
Administrator.

By the way, I really wish you'd quit talking about "what offends me"
because you have no idea of what offends me. So far, about the only
thing in relation to Wikipedia that I've found to be overly offensive is
your behavior on this mailing list towards people you don't like or
agree with.

Finally, could you point out (just once) where I've "demanded" the
removal of anything in Wikipedia? I've worked to bring disagreeing
parties together on a topic. When there was a controversial picture I
found a different picture (I did not crop the original) that satisfied
virtually everyone (except you - you've made that clear). I've worked to
create consensus and it has been emotionally very taxing because of
people like you. You have contributed nothing but grief to the entire
process. Perhaps it's because you're more interested in promoting an
ideology than making good informative NPOV encyclopedia articles.

Yes, I do believe that if a non-nude can illustrate an article as well
as a nude can then the non-nude should be used. I believe that this
creates less controversy which ultimately helps the project. That has
been my motivation -- not the removal of "anything that offends me". So,
your characterization of my behavior and motivations throughout the
whole ordeal is just plain wrong and downright uncivil.

-Kevin