[WikiEN-l] Prudishness and censorship

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 08:25:49 UTC 2005

> First the numbers thing. Of all the people worldwide, the vast majority would take offense at the Kate Winslet thing. This includes about a billion of Christians, hundreds of millions of Muslims and large numbers of other people who otherwise feel that it would be inappropriate. To force a liberal image policy on them effectively excludes these people from being informed by Wikipedia.

Sorry bud, you are clueless and prejudiced. One of the most important
rules of rhethorics is that you should not generalise about groups
that may be present in the audience unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE
that you represent them. Are you absolutely sure that you speak for
"billions of Christians, hundreds of mullions of Muslims"? Wouldn't it
take just ONE Muslim or Christian to step forward and say "I don't
take offense at the picture" for your argument to be completely
torpedoed?

--
mvh Björn