[WikiEN-l] Intolerance directed towards poor English

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 19 07:36:36 UTC 2005

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote

> Would a simple explanation
on the talk page and a regular call to editors to clean up the user's
bad English in his contributions be enough? If it's cleaned up, no one
can complain about it.

It is hard to ring-fence the 'problem'.  New articles like [[Yen block]] and
[[yuan of Manchuria]] are being spun out all the time.

I can quite see why these cause puzzlement.  If you don't know the dialect
('poses' = 'possess' = 'have') it looks weird.  But if people used CleanUp
as intended it would be better.

Given Chinese-Japanese relations in their current state - well, I needn't go
on.

Charles