[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Apr 18 16:59:07 UTC 2005

Kevin Rector said:
> I would agree with Tony with a caveat. For a sports related link you
> can often get a lot of information. For instance if you go to
> www.nashvillepredators.com you can get significant information about
> the team (for instance you can get the box scores for every game the
> team has ever played). This information is all freely available to
> anyone who wants it. However, -most- adult oriented sites simply exist
> to take your money and show you porn.

Pointless linking to a pay-only site, I agree, or one that only contains a
negligible come-on for a pay-only section.  One that shows a good number
of free stills or even movie clips, on the other hand, I think is
appropriate.
I would not object to the removal of links to sites that contain
pornography without some kind of age disclaimer page (The funniest one I'v
seen recently has a very sexy looking come-on: "Under 18s, click here
NOW!!!!" and it takes you off to disney.com or whatever).