[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Apr 18 16:30:12 UTC 2005

David Gerard said:

> Why remove this commercial page in particular, rather than any other
> company page on Wikipedia? That is, this doesn't seem to be the
> criterion commercial links are added or removed on for other articles,
> so this seems a novel policy.

That's what I thought last time someone suggested some removals from
another sexual subject.  Different criteria may be applied to sexual sites
(I'm open to the possibility, though it seems far-fetched if the site is
otherwise encyclopedic) but if we do adopt a "no commercial links"
approach to sexual topics we should not pretend that they're the same
criteria that would be applied to, say, sports.