[WikiEN-l] One argument I do not find compelling

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 11:24:55 UTC 2005

> I do not propose any a priori restrictions on access; unlike you I do not
> propose that we appease the extreme religious right of the USA and one or
> two less salubrious countries by applying content restrictions motivated
> by grundyism rather than the wish to improve the encyclopedia.
> The GFDL already guarantees that content availability is maximized. Those
> who want a bowdlerized version can adjust their browsers or produce a
> bowdlerized mirror.

And those who want a pornographic version can also ajust their
browsers (by clicking yes everytime something asks to download) and
produce a pornifed fork. I am not trying to appease the relgious right
in the US. I am trying to appease the majority of the human
population. Now I could be wrong but I belive that the majority on
this planet have sex and nudity tabos. Certianly the forien language
newspapers at my university are not notable for the level of nudity
they carry.

Fianly for pretty obvious reasons we try and avoid forks. I suggest
you stop advocating one.

--
geni