[WikiEN-l] Links to porn sites

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Apr 18 07:27:06 UTC 2005

Arno M said:
> The bowdlerising project does ssem to have died a quiet death , all
> right.

I never even heard of it.

> Examples of pages with links to porn/adult sites in them (all found in
> 20 seconds):
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Jameson,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_James and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Carey.

Jameson,James and Carey are porn stars.  The links, I'm neutral on them--I
could be persuaded either way.  They're almost certainly encyclopedic
because anyone interested in either of them is likely to be interested in
their websites.  The Jenna Jameson entry seems to have, well, quite a lot
of external links.
Apparently Mary Carey stood in the 2003 gubernatorial elections in
California, against Gray Davis and Arnold Schwarzenegger, and finished
tenth out of a field of 135 with "over 10,000 votes" according to imdb.