[WikiEN-l] Re: Suggestions for a work-safe encyclopedia

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Sun Apr 17 18:12:22 UTC 2005

Piggybacking because for some reason I missed Stan's reply.

BJörn Lindqvist said:
> Stan Shebs said:
>> >This isn't something we can do anything about.  Perhaps you could try
>> >voting for some sane congresscritters.
>> I *knew* I shouldn't have mentioned Congress, but I was hoping
>> you wouldn't focus on that and ignore the key point, which is
>> that this happens at all kinds of companies and government
>> agencies around the world whether you like it or not. It's just

I can't imagine the Ordnance Survey adopting the attitude you describe,
somehow.  If they wanted to contribute stuff I expect they'd just get on
with it.  However your is a very strange argument.  Wouldn't the Chinese
government just love to contribute some geographical data?  Well I guess
they may a shopping list of things they would like removed from Wikipedia
first. I know, let's guess what bits they wouldn't like, and remove them
first, to encourage their geographers to contribute to Wikipedia...