[WikiEN-l] Why linking an image gives less choice to the reader

Puddl Duk puddlduk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:44:40 UTC 2005

On 4/16/05, Tony Sidaway <minorityreport at bluebottle.com> wrote:
> Puddl Duk said:
> >>
> > The fallacy in your reasoning is to compare browsing without images to
> > linking. Browsing without images is not an acceptable choice to most
> > people (I think) and shouldn't be used as a comparison to something
> > that is an acceptable choice to most people (as evident in the votes on
> > autofelletio).
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "browsing without images"?  I don't
> think it resembles what I have described in any way.

Ok, requiring the right mouse button extra click to see any image. Not
an acceptable choice for most people and therfore shouldn't be
compared to linking, which is an acceptable choice to most people.

I object to taking away the community's right to decide what images to
use or not (if they happen to be objectionable), just because browers
are able to do what you say.