[WikiEN-l] Titanic, illustrated

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:20:45 UTC 2005

--- Richard Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect that if someone posted to this list being
> scornful or
> mocking of, say, Muslim culture, they would get
> slapped down hard, and
> likely be banned from the list if they persisted. Is
> my suspicion
> wrong?
>
> Yet we're very tolerant of this sort of culture
> bashing when it comes
> to conservative Christian culture. You don't have to
> agree with
> someone's culture to respect that culture and
> members of it. Let's all
> try to show a little more respect for each other.
>
> --Rich Holton

Very good question, Rich, and I'll answer it from my
perspective.

Because the Christian culture, at least in the United
States, DEMANDS, that ONLY their particular cultural
sensitivities and prejudices be catered to.  There is
no "If you don't want to see it, don't look at it."
No, rather, it's "I don't want to see it, so you
can't, either."

RickK