[WikiEN-l] Sockpuppet onslaught at [[Ward Churchill]]

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Apr 15 17:26:43 UTC 2005

Viajero said:

> Now, the same individual using the account JailWardChurchillNow just
> has  started filling the talk page with his vitriol. See:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Ward_Churchill&action=history

Oh, I just blocked this chap because of his inflammatory username.  I
looked at what he was doing and it did seem somewhat POV but that isn't
unusual for newcomers who tend to treat this place as a forum at the
start. I didn't look for sock puppetry.

> Is there any precedent for having a dev lookup his/her IP number and
> have it blocked for say 72 hours? If not, it is going to be another
> very  long night...

If he's using the same IP for the socks, I think it will be autoblocked
for 24 hours.