[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:50:26 UTC 2005

> It's pretty clear that Kevin's statement isn't factually supportable
> with evidence at hand, but that doesn't change the fact that what could
> easily be a mere bit of sloppy phrasing was instead treated by Tony as a
> deliberate and specific accusatory attack.  As I've tried to convey,
> more than once, I don't think that Kevin's statement provides a very
> realistic impression of events at hand, the evidence to support Tony's
> accusations of bad faith on Kevin's part is simply lacking.

You missed my point. Kevin "realized" that people who uploads nudie
pics are trying to stir up trouble - aka trolling. Therefore, if you
defend the uploading of nudie pics you are therefore defending
trolling - aka trolling. Therefore, those who defend displaying
undressed images in wiki-en are at a disadvantage since they become
associated with trolling.

> more likely to be definable as paralepses.  In particular, you present
> as a given the notion that Tony's statements constitute an objection to
> the use of paralepsis when, in fact, they simply accuse Kevin of making
> wild accusations.

Yes, we have all heard Tony accusing Kevin of making wild accusations.
But it's pretty clear that Kevin's statements isn't factually
supportable. :)

> opinion).  Anything else that either you or Tony has said about Kevin's
> perfidies seems to this reader at least to be nothing but unfounded
> speculation.

I don't know what perfidies mean. I'm not associated with Tony so
please do not lump me together with him. I have not as far as I know
speculated about anything. It was "literary analysis" as someone else
called it. Speculation would be something along the lines of: Why is
someone complaining about two pixels of nipple on one (1) breast on a
200x150 pixels wide screenshot from a PG-13 rated movie? Is the nipple
even visible from a distance of more than 20 cm? Is this person
objecting to this image to try and stir up trouble? Doesn't anyone
have any sense of proportions?

Sorry to Kevin and everyone else who got "offended" by this image. But
I really don't think Wikipedia should cater your very special needs.

--
mvh Björn