[WikiEN-l] Nude Kate Winslet Picture

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Wed Apr 13 19:08:46 UTC 2005

Charles Matthews said:
> Kevin Rector wrote
>
>>I've tried to stay out of the fray with all the nude/porn picture
> debates that have gone on, but I've come to the realization that people
> are searching out nude pictures to put in the 'pedia. They are looking
> to stir up trouble, mostly to make a point.
>
> That might be correct. Try [[Mull of Kintyre rule]], created not long
> ago.

Actually I've heard of that test.  It's a venerable old thing.  The
article is encyclopedic and the redeployment of an existing illustration
is absolutely inspired.
It just goes to show that it's easy to misread intention if one doesn't
know the context.

Example:

http://homepage.mac.com/kiltedpride/blogwavestudio/

The Herald October 14th 1999 - It's a Brief Encounter

(article about a famous Scottish lawyer who specializes in entertainment
law, including obscenity)
'Findlay's fate was destined to be brighter. He started with small theatre
contracts and one deal led to another. Today, he heads up Tods Murray's
entertainment and media law team and, in his spare time, he sits on the
board of the Lyceum. He has worked on films such as Trainspotting, waded
through the logistical legal nightmares of organising the Edinburgh
Military Tattoo, and negotiated the more delicate matters of obscenity. On
the latter point, Findlay admits life was once simple. "It used to be the
case that as long as it was the same as the Mull of Kintyre, so to speak,
all was well with the world, but with certain relaxations on male nudity
we can no longer rely on that old adage," explains Findlay.'