[WikiEN-l] Non-spam domain found in spam list

Alphax alphasigmax at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:52:33 UTC 2005

Timwi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one of my edits was blocked for being "spam" because it contained a
> URL that was in the spam list. However,
>
> * I didn't add that URL (it was already in the article under "External
>   Links")
> * The URL was legitimate and relevant to the article
>
> Please can someone remove that domain from the spamlist? The domain in
> question is http://www.niimm.spb.su/ and I had to remove it to have my
> edit go through:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grigori_Perelman&diff=0&oldid=12254012
>

> Thanks,
> Timwi

I just ran that domain through a spam database lookup
(http://dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=195.19.228.206) and got a hit:

http://ordb.org/lookup/?host=195.19.228.206

Their mail server is an open relay. Not sure how being in a mail spam
database makes it a site for Wikispam, but anyway...

--
Alphax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Alphax