[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 21, Issue 44

Blair P.Houghton blair at houghton.net
Wed Apr 13 00:35:38 UTC 2005

Seth Ilys <seth.ilys at ...> writes:
> I wasn't sufficiently clear, I think. I'm defining success *as*
> popularity, because I believe that the popularity of the site comes
> from the fact that we are a generally reliable reference source.

Then danni.com is a more successful encyclopedia.

> Independent studies have found that the quality of writing and the
> accuracy of our articles are comparable to, if not better than, most
> published encyclopedias.

Studies independent of common sense.

> I simply don't see the rampant errors and POV
> that you describe; I believe that you're imagining a problem where
> none exists.

Rather, I'm tiring of the persistence and pervasiveness of the problem.

> However, if you have evidence that POV and vandalism are running
> rampant and unchecked on the 'pedia, I'd love to see it. I rather
> think you're being alarmist, Blair.

Go read some articles.  If you don't see the POV and fallacy,
question the depth of your own knowledge.

> But I'm also a perpetual and incurable (and sometimes irrational)
> optimist as well. :)

The lifeblood of a substandard graffitopedia.

--Blair