[WikiEN-l] Re: templates boxes: multiplying like rabbits

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 20:18:48 UTC 2005

Viajero wrote:
> For example, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erskine_Hamilton_Childers
>
> Five template boxes, and then of course the categories.
>
> Are all these really necessary? Given the space they take up, the
> template boxes appear more important than the text itself.
>
> Does anyone else feel this feature is getting out of hand?

In this particular case, I'd say we could dispense with  the succession
box for "Tánaiste", whose data is put in better context by the
"Tánaistithe na hÉireann" template at the bottom, and the "President of
Ireland" succession box, whose only improving feature over the infobox
at the top of the page is that it actually shows pictures of his
predecessor and successor as President.

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/