[WikiEN-l] Re: "releasing into the public domain"

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:52:59 UTC 2005

This seems like a low worry but easy to fix problem.  (If there are
truly rickety aspects of making contributions PD via form submission,
than a project could change its default submission license one way or
another).  Deciding how and when we want ot exercise local notions of
"fair use" in uploading content, is higher worry but harder to fix.

We should get this right, and make sure [some subset of Wikipedians]
understand it, but it's not something worth confusing every PD
template over, or debating.  Just add it to the list of things to get
answered fully and completely by an expert copyright lawyer, the next
time we have one's undivided attention.

SJ