[WikiEN-l] Protest againt blocking

Matthew Li li_ming20 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 21:11:46 UTC 2005

My IP has been blocked by RickK. The reason he gave me is repeated
vandalism. According to what I have read in the blocking policy, vandalism
exists only if the user edited a significant portion of an article into
profanity or offensive contents or deleted the article. I never did any of
those. I just merely erased the dispute template on the article "Nanjing
Massacre". Even if this is "vandalism", how is it a "repeated vandalism"? I
have only done once! I erased the template in the article because the
article itself should not be disputed. I have posted comments in the
disscussion page in the same article and people agreed with me. Unless the
Wikipedia administrator is trying to repress voices that they don't like to
hear, there is no reason why I should be blocked. If you don't like what I
am doing, reply my comment or even send me a warning not to repeat what I
have done. However, I have received none of those. If I am blocked merely
because of the administrator don't like my opinion, then you are repressing
the democratic voices of the people and shame on you!

AquaExecution, 2:11pm, 10 April, 2005