[WikiEN-l] Re: Classified information in Wikipedia

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:27:17 UTC 2005

Again I think you are confusing intellectual property concerns with
security concerns. Our licenses are all about IP, they are not about
government security. There is a difference. We can grant a license
because the government does not retain a license -- government
produced work is not elligible for copyright. Licenses are only
required if someone has a copyright -- it is a right to use that
copyrighted work. Since the work is not copyrighted, it is not an
issue of licenses. It exists in a separate legal domain. As I
understand it.

Please don't confuse the discussion of the legal issues with advocacy
or plans. Just because someone proposes a hypothetical doesn't mean
they think it is a good idea.

FF