[WikiEN-l] Re: Reliable, selectable content

Karl A. Krueger kkrueger at whoi.edu
Thu Apr 7 19:11:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:27:22PM +1000, Tim Starling wrote:
> ICRA labels have a terms of use requiring the label to be accurate at
> all times. ICRA may take legal action against sites that mislabel
> content, or they may just add them to a blacklist which is used by some
> content filters. This allows ICRA to assure the people who use the
> labels that they are accurate. This is not particularly compatible with
> wikis, although we can always bend the rules and wait to see if they
> complain.

This sounds like a prime reason to forbid (or strongly discourage)
Wikipedia editors from placing ICRA labels on any Wikipedia pages.
No editor should be taking actions that gratuitously expose the
project to legal threats with so very little benefit for the
project's goals.

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger at whoi.edu>