[WikiEN-l] April Fool's Day next year

Deathphoenix originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 05:51:25 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>--- Tony Sidaway <minorityreport at bluebottle.com> wrote:
>

>>Daniel Mayer said:

>>>There is only one TFA per day - hence *today's* featured article.
>>>

>>Ah, my mistake.  I didn't know the proposal was only to limit the "Today's
>>Featured Article".
>>

>I also recycled a proposal that 'Did you know...?' could be used to list odd
>and surprising facts for that day from our growing list of unusual articles.
>
>-- mav

This probably calls for more organised planning on a [[Wikipedia:Project
April Fools 2006]] page, perhaps a month or so in advance. I don't see
anything wrong with what I saw in one iteration of this year's April
Fools main page, which was putting up an  FA article about an unusual
subject that wasn't FA before, and putting links to articles such as
[[exploding whale]] as "previous candidates" (well, that particular
version had the toilet roll holder, but that can be replaced with a real
FA). The April Fools FA should go through a normal FA process with the
caveat that it be an FA article for April Fools.

The "Did you know...?" section is also an ideal place to list non-FA
unusual articles.

Cheers,

DPh