[WikiEN-l] Disambiguation in the same category

Kevin Rector krector at Compco.com
Tue Apr 5 16:48:31 UTC 2005

We couldn't use "forward" and "right wing" because a right wing is a
type of forward. Also, they are both centers (another type of forward).

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org
[mailto:wikien-l-bounces at Wikipedia.org] On Behalf Of Josh Gordon
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:47 AM
To: English Wikipedia
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Disambiguation in the same category

Well, IMDB does it as [[Petr Sykora (I)]] and [[Petr Sykora (II))]];
their
FAQ says that there's no hard and fast rule how they order them, but
they
try to use one or more of: who is most famous, who came first
why
not say [[Petr Sykora (NHL forward)]] and [[Petr Sykora (NHL right
wing]]?

jpgordon

On Apr 5, 2005 9:30 AM, JAY JG <jayjg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >I need some advice. What should I do when there are two people in the
> >same category with the same name? For instance, if there were two
people
> >name Joe Blow and one was a soldier and one an author I could do
> >something like this: Joe Blow (author)|]] and [[Joe Blow
(soldier)|]].
> >But what do I do if they are the same thing.
> >
> >Here's a real world example, there are two ice hockey players named
Petr