[WikiEN-l] Articles on *Alleged* homophobia?

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 15:16:50 UTC 2005

Suppose a new contributor comes here and decides that most
or all cases of homophobia really do not exist, and it is
just those over-sensitive gay people that caused the
article to be titled [[Homophobia]]. Would it be Ok for
them to retitle this article to [[Alleged homophobia]]?  I
would think mot.

Similarly. would it be Ok for people to start renaming our
articles such as:

[[Alleged anti-Arabism]]?

[[Alleged Islamophobia]]?

[[Allegend Persecution of Christians]]?

I would think not. Unfortunately, Firebug is trying to do
this for [[Nation of Islam and anti-Semitism]].  It seems
to me that this renaming shows bias, and violates NPOV
policy by using the title of the article to dismiss any
possibility that facts actually exist within it. It also is
totally out of line with how we name all of our other
articles.

Thus, unless we rename all of our other articles in a
similar way, this one article should not be an exception.

RK