[WikiEN-l] Trouble logging into English Wikipedia

Richard Gallagher richie.gallagher at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 11:48:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

I lasted logged in to the English Wikipedia a few months ago, today
when I try to logon it gives an error "The password you entered is
incorrect. Please try again.".  As far as I know the username/password
I'm giving is correct.

When I attempt to use the "Email new password" option it gives the
error "Error sending mail: There is no e-mail address recorded for
user "Popsracer"".

This is surprising because as far as I know my email address should be
on record. And I was able to successfully do a password reset on 8
June 2003.

Do accounts or passwords time out if not used for a certain period of time?
If at all possible I would like to keep my existing account but there
doesn't seem to be anyway I can get into it.  Do I have any recourse
other then creating a new account and starting over?

Richard Gallagher (User:Popsracer)