[WikiEN-l] Re: Foolish policy proposal

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 06:21:24 UTC 2005

I am registered to several mailing lists which every day offer a sort of
full panel main page of what their web site proposes. Usually, the mail
proposes short paragraphs for each topic, with a link to the full size
topic on the website. For example this one : http://www.journaldunet.com/

This year, what they did and which I found great is simply that the
entire content of their main page was faked. From the big paragraph
introducing a supposingly serious article, to the little ads in the left
side corner. However, each link in the faked main page lead only to a
unique real main page where all the articles where good.

I suppose all journalists worked together to set up the absolutely
amazing collection of faked stuff, I hope they had great fun, and I
promise that it was really delightful to read.

I think that having 2 main pages during a day, one being entirely faked
and the other entirely real gives much opportunity to have a lot of fun.
Add *one* unique fake article to the real page (such as the britannica)
is another funny step, as most readers would think there is no joke
aside from the fake main page.

PS :

I will go further. I just checked on their website if they still had a
copy of the fake main page... and I discovered a sort of feedback
page... and guys, the comment I sent them by mail is mentionned on this
page !!

http://www.journaldunet.com/0504/050404poisson-avril.shtml

I wrote them "Mes préférés du JDN et de L'Internaute : le lundi de
pentecôte en alternance en fonction du numéro de sécurité sociale, le
site du Père-Noël comme exemple de site ultra rentable et les tickets
d'avion en A3. Bravo pour toutes les idées dans tous les cas !"

I think the day *we* can both have fun AND receive feedback from our
readers telling us how much they had fun themselves, the april fool day
will be a success.

Anthere