[WikiEN-l] Final April Fools wrap up

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 3 00:35:59 UTC 2005

--- Mark Pellegrini <mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:
> To all those people who said we should let our hair down, that April
> Fools wouldn't really be so bad (it was)...
>
> So thank you very much, to all those of you who pushed this idiotic
> idea, from those of us who actually have to pick up the pieces.

Well, I think it was easily worth it. On the "fun people" scale, you'd expect
encyclopedia editors to be right down there with accountants and morticians,
but April Fool's demonstrated that, as a community, we have the capacity to
step back for a day and not take ourselves quite so seriously (even if 99% of
the time we're acrimoniously bitching about VfD or Autofellation etc...) I'll
add my thanks to all those people, too.

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]