[WikiEN-l] Artwork samples

Sean Barrett sean at epoptic.org
Fri Apr 1 16:18:13 UTC 2005

What is the consensus regarding examples of an artist's work in an article?

It's been suggested that I ask Dr. Laura Brodian, [[Kelly Freas]]'s
widow, to release digital copies of some of his illustrations under the
GFDL.

Kelly's article is currently rather short (I can't remain neutral about
him), and the text would be overwhelmed if more than a handful of images
were added.  Would a supplementary article -- [[Artwork of Kelly Freas]]
-- be appropriate?

Most importantly, if I persuade Laura to give away some of her late
husband's work, will her generosity be welcomed to Wikipedia, or will it
be promptly nominated for deletion as non-encyclopedic
Wikipedia-is-not-a-gallery Hugo-winning-art-cruft?

--
  Sean Barrett     | For days, we survived on
  sean at epoptic.com | nothing but food and water.