[WikiEN-l] Classified information in Wikipedia

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 14:27:28 UTC 2005

--- Richard Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My view is that what people do with the information we provide in Wikipedia
> > is not our moral responsibility. If there are no legal problems, I would
> > the inclusion of any verifiable, on-topic and noteworthy information.
>
> And how would you respond to someone publishing on Wikipedia the name
> of you 12 year old daughter, what she looks like, where she goes to
> school and when she leaves, and where you work and when you get home
> from, and the names of several of your trusted neighbors?

You didn't pay attention to what I wrote: "I would support the inclusion of any
verifiable, on-topic and noteworthy information". In your example, how would
this information be verifiable, notable or on-topic in an encyclopedia article?

There's very little harm you can do by posting verifiable information because,
by definition, you can already get the information somewhere else.

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]