[WikiEN-l] deletion policy amendment poll -- admin help requested

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Thu Sep 30 22:01:27 UTC 2004

This poll on an amendment to the deletion policy:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:
>> Deletion_policy#Proposed_new_rule:_No_repeat_submission_of_articles
has become a bit of a mess, due to my slightly unfortunate choice of
words when I opened the poll.

I have now added a statement acknowledging the problems but I have
requested that the poll results be respected despite the (arguably not
major) insufficiencies.

However I feel that any further steps towards codifying the proposed
rule might be frowned upon if I take them.
I would like to ask our admins to help
I would like to request that an admin (preferably a few admins) look at
the situation and see if it can be sorted out without a repeat poll.

I don't think a repeat poll is a good idea because with every poll
there will be deviating preferences and minor criticisms.
I feel that if that were enough to invalidate a poll then every poll
would have to be invalidated and we could never make any decision.
We'd end up holding polls on whether we can accept a poll on whether we
can accept a poll.

Again, I'd like to ask for some "old hands" (admins) to please look at
things and provide some guidance and leadership as regards  this issue.

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com