[WikiEN-l] A few common sense suggestions for election day

Mark Pellegrini mapellegrini at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 06:47:41 UTC 2004

I was trying to imagine what [[template:In the News]] is going to
look like come election night, and my mental projections are not good.
I'd like to suggest a few common sense things that we should agree upon
*now* while we still have plenty of time to agrue about it:

1) Template:In the News should have a single link to [[2000 election in
progress]]
or a page to that effect. Rather than having people in a deathmatch to edit
the main page template, they can fight there instead.

2) Absolutely no one is allowed to call any states until 24 (or more) hours
after the
polls close.

3) I also suspect there's going to be a lot of vandalism to the main page
templates
(especially in-the-news), so we might consider protecting it in advance (or
at first
sign of trouble) for the duraction of the election.

--Mark