[WikiEN-l] If you want to include a point-of-view, then write it.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 23:07:58 UTC 2004

Jimbo writes:
> RK, you need to take it through the mediation process
> and if that fails, through the arbitration process.
> Ranting on the mailing list is not helpful.

You seem to misunderstand my point: Mediation is about
coming to terms on what should be in an article.
Fortunately, that particular kind of problem isn't being
discussed here.

Danny doesn't make any edits to these articles; I perceived
him as being abusive, and that is a violation of Wikipedia
etiquette. He has made it clear that he has no intention of
adding to the articles in question, despite my own repeated
invitations for him to do so. He just was insulting me,
which is not the point of our project.

As regards JFW, I didn't bring any concerns to the list, it
was JFW who did this!  I did reply, of course, to explain
my confusion at his letter.  Summary: JFW can add any info
he likes; I'd be happy to see this. I repeatedly have
agreed with him on all the points he makes about NPOV and
article content, and so I do not understand why he has made
himself believe the opposite.  I did, however, strongly
object made to a false claim about my not providing quotes
that he asked for. If someone doesn't like the content of
the quotes, they should complain to the author, not me!
(Of course, if you missed his original letter here, and
only saw my response, I can see how you would assume I was
venting inappropriately.)

Here is my point, and I think that its what everyone here
has always assumed as obvious:  If you want to include a
point-of-view, then write it.  Never criticise others for
not writing what you wish you had written yourself. This
point, which I have made twice now, surely is not
"ranting".

Sincerely,

Robert (RK)